CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Monday, December 1, 2008

No Day But Today

"The world breaks everyone, and afterward many are strong at the broken places. ~ Ernest Hemingway

Today that is how I feel, right now at this moment.

Yesterday was rough, but I made it through.
Today was not bad.

I went to work today because I needed a normal day. A day like every other day.
My relatives are coming up from Georgia.
I'm planning a funeral and I have NO IDEA what the heck I'm doing.

I have tried not to allow the grief of others swallow me up. (That happened yesterday) I know what my mother would want. I hear her voice inside my head saying "What the hell are you crying for !?! I'm the one who's dead."

And she's right.

Today she was with me. I felt her spirit touch mine and it gave me strength.

1 comment:

Simply Sheka said...

Hi Kathy, I often lurk and read your blog. In some strange way, I feel like I know you and your family. I am so sorry for your loss. My prayers go out to you and your loved ones.