CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Saturday, May 9, 2009

I NEVER Imagined I'd I'd Have To

I just finished installing a lockset on my bedroom door. It appears I have people in my home that I cannot trust.

Every year right before school starts I shop all the back-to-school sales and buy tons of school supplies on sale. I buy so much it usually last longer than one school year.

I keep all these items in a file cabinet in my room.

You can see where I'm going with this.

I checked the file cabinet the other day and found it almost empty.

There's been other incidents over the past few months that led up to this. :

  • Someone tried to use my computer (But couldn't because it is password protected)
  • Letters have been rifled through.
  • A credit card was stolen and taken to school.
  • Candy was stolen.
  • And numerous things have been used and/or removed without my permission.
I'm tired. The school supplies are the last straw. I never imagined I'd have to put a lock on my bedroom door. I've been in other adoptive parents' homes where they had locked rooms.... but I never in all my imaginings thought I would have to do it.

It's not a totally rotten weekend though. 'Cole bought me a Mother's Day Card and some AquaGlobes for my houseplants. Pickles planted the Hydrangeas I bought at work yesterday. I started my container garden with some Bachelor Buttons and Dwarf Asters.

We might take a nice trip to the Columbus Zoo tomorrow. That's one of my favorite places and I know it'll help relax me.

Happy Mother's Day to All my favorite Moms !!

2 comments:

jennifaye said...

I have a lock on my bedroom door and yes I resent it. Most of my kids have outgrown stealing but there are two that still have the problem. I hope and pray for their sakes that they change their behaviors.

Glad you had a nice Mother's Day though.

S.A.M. said...

It did end up being a nice day. Hope you had a great day, too.