CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Saturday, September 15, 2007

One Sick Kitty (Day 2)

Well, Oreo is home and while she's a little shaky, she is eating and drinking and being her normal little unpleasant self. (the vet bill DIDN'T put us in the poor house either)
The hypocalcemia was caused by her getting into something poisonous. We just don't know what it could be. I've gone over every inch of the house trying to figure out what she could have licked or eaten. I just don't know.
It would have to be something like antifreeze, but we don't own any antifreeze. (She's an indoor cat, so we know it has to be something from inside the house)

I just want to make sure she doesn't get into it again... hard to do when you don't know what you're looking for.

2 comments:

Justice Jones said...

Your poor kitty! Could it be her food? I know pet food was making headlines for causing sickness. Or maybe it's Fabreeze. I heard that causes pets to get sick. Hope she's better!

Kathy said...

We thought it was the food, but the vet determined it wasn't. We really don't use fabreeze. My mother thinks she drank out of one of the toilets after someone cleaned it. I just don't know.