CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Been Caught Stealing

We've gone through the past few months in relative peace and calm. The kids have been settled and there's been no major blowouts...until today.

My phone rang while I was at work today. It was the elementary school. It seems that Pinky took one of my credit cards to school and it fell out of her pocket during lunch. An alert teacher contacted me to let me know what was going on.

I don't even think I feel angry. I think I'm mostly just insulted and disappointed. I do everything for my kids, they have so much. I give them my time, my energy. They are blessed beyond words. She has no reason to steal. There was nothing she could do with the card at school anyway.

So why would you steal ? And why would you steal from me ?
When I asked Pinky those questions she said she "found" the card on the floor of my room. Even IF that was true (all my cards are in a case that sits on my dresser) why WHY WHY would you take it to school ??

She didn't have an answer for that.

I don't have any answers either, but she'll have plenty of time to think about it while she's doing hard time (extra chores) for me.

I think the thing that keeps bothering me is the why. I don't understand her reasoning. She has her own money. I don't feel like she took it to use it. Did she take it to show it off ? To pretend it was hers ?

I have no idea.

2 comments:

Becky said...

My stepson would steal things (my clothes, books, odd things like sewing supplies, and credit cards) from me and last year when I finally asked him he said it made him feel safer to have them in his possession. I think the kids experienced a lot of tough times with their mom when they didn't have the things they needed. He never tried to use the credit cards, but when I found them in his room he had 3 from 3 different people.

S.A.M. said...

Hi Becky,
I'm not sure what her reasons were. It may just be that she sees me using my debit card all the time and wanted to do what I do. She's usually a pretty honest kid when it comes to other peoples' property. She does have a sneaky side, though...but usually it has to do with her trying to sneak toys and such to school.
It could be a security issue for her...but I'm thinking it's something else. Maybe she's testing me to see if I'll give up on her.