CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

First Day of School













Today is the beginning of a new school year for the kids. I have 2 fifth graders and 2 ninth graders. I cannot believe how fast time has gone by. As I stood on the playground with Pinky and Daisy this morning I remembered their first day of kindergarten. They both clung to my arms and Pinky cried. They both begged me to stay.
Today the ran off with their friends and chatted in line. Only Pinky looked over at me ever so often just to see if I were still there. I stood over against the wall and watched my two youngest daughters and their friends. It seems like Pinky and Daisy grew up a bit over the summer. They were a little more self-assured and relaxed with their peers.

They'll be 11 years old in October. In my Mommy mind it seems like it was just yesterday when they were two tiny scared 3 year olds standing in my living room with their 8 year old brother. I did not know they were going to be my children then.
We've had some rough times over the years, but I have no regrets.
I hope they all have a wonderful first day.




1 comment:

jennifaye said...

Wow, your kids are growing fast!! Dang!