CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

Self sabotage (or Why things don't always go as planned)

It almost always happens. I usually see it coming.
I try not to mention exciting activities, because I know it causes their behavior to spiral out of control.

I was supposed to take the kids roller skating today....
I sent 'Cole a text message telling her of our plans. She's usually pretty good about not telling anyone anything because she knows what usually happens.

She told Daisy. Daisy told Pinky.
Trouble brewed all day yesterday. Brewed like a carafe of Starbucks coffee.
I tried warnings and probably even some threats.
I even allowed Pinky to invite a friend over to play hoping it would cause them (the twins) not to fixate so much on each other.

It worked until the friend went home.

It wasn't a knock-down-drag-out fight as usual.... but it did involve hitting and crying.
And of course no skating today.

No comments: