CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Saturday, July 17, 2010

When I Grow Up

It seems kinda funny for a 37 year old to wonder what she wants to do when she grows up, but I am wondering...

I always pictured myself travelling the world, kids in tow or sitting in a park, my entire family sketching in our sketch books. Pondering how the light reflects off the trees.

Instead I have a job I tolerate, a co-worker who makes me consider murder....daily. A life that is not as fulfilling as I'd like it to be. We've done so much this year and I feel pretty good about our adventures, but they've only left me wanting more. It's like a hunger I can't satisfy.... a thirst that can't be quenched.

If I could, I'd sell the house and spend a year travelling the world.

Maybe I'm feeling my mortality. Maybe it's because the kids are growing up. Whatever it is...I just don't feel settled anymore. My mind constantly says "let's go, let's go".

Maybe I just need a change of scenery. A new venue.
I have no idea what it is, but it feels almost primal. I feel like I should be anywhere, but where I am now.

No comments: