CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Fighting the Good Fight

We spent yesterday evening watching fireworks at Red, White and Boom and had great fun, but what truly amazed me was the number of half-naked teens and pre-teens we saw while we were out. How did they get out of the house dressed like they were going to a nightclub ? (Don't answer that, I already know ;)) No parents in sight and surrounded by over 400,000 people.

Which led 'Cole to comment about how I was ruining her life because she couldn't "go hang" with her friends. I had to look at her like she had gone temporarily insane. Surely this kid didn't think she was going to go gallivanting around unsupervised.

Why do I have to be the bad guy ? No, you cannot run around by alone down here. Why would you even ask such a question ?!?

Oh, I'm sorry for ruining your life, but I'm the Mom...it's what I do.

No comments: