CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2007

Good Deal Hunting

Pinky, Daisy and I spent a lovely Saturday out and about visiting thrift stores. I found eight pairs of girls short/skorts and eight shirts in nearly new condition. Lots of nice stuff from The Children's Place, Limited, too, and JC Penney. Pinky and Daisy found a bunch of teddy bears to add to their collection.

I spent a grand total of..... $50.

I just started visiting thrift stores this year, and have been amazed at what I've been able to find each and every time we go. I usually spend somewhere between $600 and $800 a year on just summer clothes alone. This year I've spent an amazing $400.

I love a good shopping day.

Now if I could just learn to save all the money I'm not spending I'd be in good shape.

2 comments:

Nerd Girl said...

Thanks for leaving a comment over at my spot - I'd been meaning to see what was going on in your world!

Okay, I'm convinced - I will become a thrift store shopper; thanks for mentioning your sister's spot - I'll definitely be checking it out; wear that "bad buy" badge with honor - it's a shame that more parents don't.

Peace and blessings.

ShowURight said...

Love thrifting and the consigment stores too. Great job on your shopping deals!