CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Holiday Crunchtime

Pardon me while I freak out.

Ahhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ok. I'm better now.
Where did the year go ? Wasn't it just June ? Didn't school JUST start ?
Now there are 62 days until Christmas.

The Christmas season is my favorite time of year. I love the family togetherness of my sister's Annual Christmas Party. I love watching the looks of surprise as the kids open their presents. I just love the meaning and the spirit of the season.

But I hate the shopping.
I try to do it early, because I'm soooo not a mall-shopping type of person. I do the majority of the shopping online, so much so that it seems like the UPS guy is at my house more than I am.

I've made mental notes of the things the kids want for Christmas. I cut back on the over-indulgent aspect of it about two years ago. Now the kids get their presents based on this:
Something you want.
Something you need.
Something to wear.
Something to read.

That little list has helped simplify my life so much and it helps me to be able to enjoy the holiday so much more.
The kids were used to getting mountains of stuff so it has been quite an adjustment fot them, too.

1 comment:

jennifaye said...

I love your Christmas present ideas. I try to keep it simple as well. Each of my kids will get a hamper with their name on it with the gifts inside. This keeps the chaos to a minumum and helps kids with issues from past neglect. (I'll explain more in my blog as Christmas gets closer) Anyway, I like your four types of gifts.
-jen