CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Parenting Burnout and the Single Mom

I'm tired. There I said it.
Somewhere along the line I stopped being the parent I want to be and need to be.
I know I'm supposed to take time to rejuvenate myself and meet my own needs, but there's just not enough hours in the day for that.
I try to find quiet time at the end of the day when everyone is in bed, but find myself picking something up or just trying to wash a few more loads of laundry.

There's always so much that needs to be done. So much laundry, so many things to plan, so much stuff to pick up or clean up. (and don't even get me started on the girl's room)

I haven't been in the mood to pull out the board games this whole entire year. I think we only went bike riding twice this year. It's so much easier to do things with the kids outside the house. Saturday we went out for lunch at Steak and Shake and went to a movie ('The Game Plan'). and I was actually pretty relaxed.

Maybe it's cabin fever.

All I know is I feel stressed without any reason, and it is such a strange feeling because I don't know what is causing the stress.
The kids aren't acting any different, my job is remarkably easy, I'm earning more money than I've ever made, and yet I almost feel suffocated.

I used to be the fun parent. We would play games together, I'd give the girl's pedicures and manicures, we'd play legos together (that's strange, I haven't even seen the legos this year.).

Maybe I need a vacation.

It's time to make some changes, I know that much. I certainly can't go on like this.

1 comment:

jennifaye said...

I think the fact that you have identified the need for a change is good. Hope you find your answer soon.
-jen