CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Sunday, October 7, 2007

Pumpkin Spice Bread


It is October...right ??
Then WHY is it so stinking hot ??

I feel like I'm living in the Bahamas instead of Ohio !

But I didn't let the heat stop me from making Pumpkin Spice Bread.


It really did taste like Pumpkin Pie without the crust. Granny requested pecans and golden raisins in one loaf and while I'm not a fan of raisins in my Pumpkin Bread...it wasn't too bad.


Pumpkin Spice Bread
Submitted by: Delora LucasRated: 5 out of 5 by 26 members
Prep Time: 10 MinutesCook Time: 1 Hour
Ready In: 1 Hour 10 Minutes Yields: 32 servings

INGREDIENTS:
3 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1 (16 ounce) can solid pack
pumpkin
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 cup water
DIRECTIONS:
1.
In a large bowl, combine sugar, oil and eggs. Add pumpkin and mix well. Combine dry ingredients; add to the pumpkin mixture alternately with water. Pour into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. x 3-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees F for 60-65 minutes or until bread tests done. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack; cool completely.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2007 Allrecipes.com

3 comments:

jennifaye said...

It is hot here in PA as well and I HATE heat!!

I'm going to try this pumpkin bread but have to wait till it cools down.

-jen

S.A.M. said...

I hate heat too. Hopefully it'll cool off later this week, 'cause I can't take it anymore.

junglemama said...

This looks yummy.