CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Monday, October 29, 2007

"Wii" Are Addicted

I swore I would never pay that kind of money for a video game system, but the Nintendo Wii (Wii is pronounced "we") looked like soooo much fun. I had spent the past month and a half trying to find one, but didn't have any luck.

Yesterday, I was looking through the Sunday Advertisements and saw that Meijer was going to have 10 Wii's in stock that morning. I really didn't believe we'd get one and I still wasn't sure it would be worth the money, but off we went to the store. As I steered my cart into the toy aisle I spotted an employee and the store manager putting one Wii box in the display case. My eyes must have lit up like a kid at Christmas because the manager took one look at me and said "Oh, you look like you want one of these."
I bobbed my head like a pre-schooler on a sugar high.

The rest happened so fast it was like a blur. Paid for it. Finished grocery shopping. Couldn't even concentrate, I was so excited. After dinner I hooked it up to 'Cole's tv.
And wowie wow wow... It was so fun !
We all took turns playing bowling, boxing, and tennis. No one argued. No one got angry about losing. We laughed and had a really enjoyable time. Plus, we got a heck of a workout. Boxing and tennis really require a lot of movement and I even worked up a sweat.
Best money I've spent all year.
The kids are excited about next weekend because we still have two more games to try, baseball and golf.

3 comments:

jennifaye said...

My grown daughter was looking for those when she was visiting here. Noone was selling them. Glad you are enjoying it. Now you are playing with your kids again. :) And no leggos on the floor! lol
-jen

S.A.M. said...

I know !
I really enjoyed myself AND I'm looking forward to doing it again next weekend. :c)

Yolanda said...

The Wii really is an awesome system to have. We are currently borrowing my BIL's and its so much fun (and aerobic) for the whole family. I had tennis shoulder for a week the first time I played!