CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Top 10 Favorite Back-To-School Websites

School will be starting soon ! (Yay !!) It's been a wonderful summer, but now it's time to get back to the business of school.


During the school year, the kids attack me with tons of homework-related questions, so I've compiled a list of sites I use to help me to help them.


1. EAI Education- Sooooo much stuff, reasonable prices.

2. Scholastic- We've got some really nice workbooks from this site and check out their bargain bin for some great deals.

3. English Irregular Verbs - Hey, you just never know. Every year I have to help a kid with some irregular verbs on a homework sheet. It's good to be prepared.

4. Easy Testmaker- Why yes...I do give pop quizzes. :c)

5. Brighter Minds Media- Computer Games. Some of the prices are really good.

6. MindWare- I love games that make kids think. This site also has books and puzzles that will inspire your child's mind.

7. Software from Overstock.com- Shhhhh....don't tell anybody. Overstock.com has great prices on computer games.

8. Steve Spangler Science- Science class sure has changed a lot since I was in school. Everything seems so rushed. This site has stuff to inspire the scientific side of your child.

9. WebWiseKids- Want to teach the kids about Internet safety in a unique and fun way ? Go to this site and click on Programs. There are some interesting looking games (based-on real life scenarios) that will get your kids thinking and hopefully open up a dialogue about being safe online.

10. Book Adventure -Book Adventure is a FREE reading motivation program for children in grades K-8. Children create their own book lists from over 7,000 recommended titles, take multiple choice quizzes on the books they've read, and earn points and prizes for their literary successes.

Have a great school year !!

3 comments:

Kimmie said...

Hi Kathy;

I'd add
Enchantedlearning.com
it cost $20 for a year...but it has so many great unit studies (we add library books and pray -the Holy Spirit opens up doors of all kinds of add ons for our units.)

Right now we are doing Panda's...printed their Panda stuff...watched real panda's on youtube (be careful not all video's are 'nice') went to the library and grabbed panda books, today we are going to draw ...using the free lesson online with drawrightnow.com on how to draw a panda. We will probably make some panda sugar cookies and paint some panda's...maybe even chalk them in the driveway? I am sure a panda story written by my kids or a poem would be good...
my kids are ages 4-9 (my two biggest have other curriculum).

bless you for sharing your favorites.

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

Kimmie said...

Hi Kathy;

I thought of another site I use a lot.

Ask Jeeves for Kids
askkids.com

very easy to use and very helpful when needing an answer or doing a unit study.

have fun!

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

S.A.M. said...

I love Ask Jeeves for Kids, I forgot about that one. Will definately have to check out enchantedlearning.com. Even though I don't homeschool (wish I could) I love using all the resources I can find to help supplement their public school education.

Thanks so much for sharing !