CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day 2009


It actually turned out pretty good. Pickles and 'Cole helped me make a huge breakfast. We had Pancakes, bacon, sausage, eggs and toast.

I mostly just sat around and tried to relax.

I did want to go to the zoo, but I didn't feel like spending money on people who steal.

I love love LOVE the card that 'Cole gave me, which said :

"Sometimes I look at everything
That's going on in this world
and I thank the Lord for the mama he gave me.
A loving mama to hold me in her arms,
but a strong mama who knows
when to let me go...

A hardworking mama
to teach me diligence
but a joyous mama
who knows how to cut loose.
A brave mama to discipline me,
but a wise mama
who knows the difference
between being trifling and just being a kid.

On Mother's Day and always,
I'm so thankful that the Lord chose me
for that very wonderful mama He made.
And for the very wonderful love we share."

I love that kid. She certainly has a way of saying exactly what I need to hear, when I need to hear it.

2 comments:

Kimmie said...

Hi Kathy;

Glad you had a nice day and that your heart was blessed. May God continue to let you hear the words that bring life, love and healing to your soul.

bless you;
Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

S.A.M. said...

Thanks Kimmie, Hope you had a lovely Mother's day, too. Congratulations on your new addition. She is absoultely lovely.