CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Monday, June 18, 2007

Tough Stuff

A few months ago 'Cole had asked me about any paperwork that I had received when I adopted her. I had some things, but I had misplaced them. I found them yesterday morning, I debated all day about letting her see them.

She had a very rough beginning. There were many instances of her being abused by her (very young) biological mother. She still bears the physical scars of this abuse to this day.

But, I let her see the papers. I don't know if it was wrong or right. I'm not sure if it's better that she knows everything now or later. She already knew bits and pieces of the info, but this was the first time she's seen it in print.

I asked her if she had any questions about what she had read and she asked "What's a pre-placement visit ?" and I explained to her what that meant and I let her know I was available to listen or talk or answer any questions she might have, she said she didn't have any questions and she went back into her room and started watching a movie.

Today she seems...more cheerful than she has in a long time, it almost seems like a weight has been lifted off of her.

I still don't know if it was the right time or not, but if it answers some of the questions she has, I hope seeing that paperwork brings her a sense of peace.

No comments: