CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

What's For Dinner


I used to love to cook, but now it seems like a full time job, a full time job where the patrons complain and the chef is starting to look at the knives with a gleam in her eye.

Menu *Week of June 3, 2007*
Monday
Lasagna with Garden Salad and Breadsticks
Tuesday
Meatloaf with Mashed Potatoes and Sauteed Green beans
Wednesday
Shredded Barbecue Chicken sandwiches with Corn and Potato Salad
Thursday
Italian Sausage and Peppers over Rice with Tomatoes and Cucumbers
Friday
Grilled Hot Dogs with Baked Beans and Corn on the Cob


I think the menu for the week looks great, but every meal I have to answer the following questions:
"Did you make the potato salad ?"
"Do I have to eat all of this ?"
"Are there onions in this?"
"If I don't eat all of this do I still get my after dinner snack ?"
" Are there peppers in this ?"
" Are you sure I have to eat all of this ?"
" Pickles sneezed on my food, do I still have to eat it ?"
" Can I have mustard on this ?"
"Can I have ranch dressing on this?"
"Can I have ketchup on this ?"
"If the cat licks it, do I have to eat it?"
After the third or forth question, my eyes start to glaze over and visions of going on strike start drifting through my mind.
Hey, family I'm the only one who cooks around here...you might just wanna stop complaining now.

2 comments:

Bss said...

Hi! I found your blog through Owlhaven. Welcome to the blogosphere! You have a cute blog. I can relate to your posts about planning dinners that almost everyone will like and trying to come up with ways to keep the kids entertained and happy during the summer. We just got a dog to give the kids more fun and responsibility, and add more chaos to our household on a daily basis. lol

Keep your head up! Your kids will be blessed this summer because you all will be together!

S.A.M. said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me my first comment. I do feel blessed that we have each other, and I can't imagine my life without my family. (even when they drive me crazy) :)