CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Cinnamon Rolls

Funny how things just pop into your head when the house is quiet.
A few years ago I found a wonderful recipe for cinnamon rolls online. My mother loved to bake and when she saw the recipe she immediately made them for us. They were so fluffy and tender. Full of cinnamon, brown sugar and butter. We ate ourselves silly. We had them for breakfast. We had them for snacks. We ate cinnamon rolls when there wasn't even a reason to eat cinnamon rolls. LOL
Her and kids would be in the kitchen whipping up a batch of cinnamon rolls and they'd have flour everywhere including all over them. The loved being in the kitchen with their grandmother She was always patient with them and they would have lively conversations about any and everything.

I was just sitting here thinking about my mother and those rolls. She taught me how to cook. She taught me that food can create memories and that good food is always cooked with love.

The recipe is here.

For the filling my mother used an equal part sugar and brown sugar.

No comments: