CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Spring Break 2010 - New York City (Part 1)

I thought I had posted out trip report about NYC... but I guess I'm getting old and forgetful. lol

We spent the first weekend in April in NYC, I have to say I have never seen soooo many people in my life. We left our city a little after midnight and got to our hotel in Secaucus, NJ about 5- 5:30 Saturday afternoon. After settling in we ate dinner at Cheeseburger In Paradise and then headed on over to the Big Apple.

By the time we rolled into NYC it was about 10:00pm. Times Square is amazing at night. The lights are so bright it looks like daytime. It was very crowded.
We hung out for about and hour and a half before the kids started complaining about being tired and wanting to go back to the hotel.
As we were headed back to the Port Authority Bus Station we found a cool souvenir store and picked up some I (heart) New York t-shirts.


The next morning started with breakfast (free) down in the hotel lobby and then we were off again. Pickles wanted to go to the Niketown store first. Niketown was about a 2 mile walk from the bus terminal. So we walked and walked and walked and took in the sights.



Daisy and 'Cole

Ice Skating at the Rockefeller Center

St. Patrick's Cathedral



To be continued......




2 comments:

Mommy to the Monsters said...

Funny we were in New York & NJ around the same time you guys were.

S.A.M. said...

Were you ?? Wish I had known, would have loved to meet you guys.