CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Thursday, December 25, 2008

" I swear Mommy I don't know how that happened !"

Pickles has some issues with electronics. That means that anything electronic that he touches will break, mysteriously in his hands.
It's never his fault. He never knows how it happens. It just does.

And usually not just with electronics. Almost anything he touches is doomed to break somehow. He's like a hurricane in a thirteen year old body.

And whenever something happens to get destroyed/damaged/maimed his standard answer is; "I swear Mommy, I don't know how that happened !"
I hear that phrase ALOT. Sometimes more than I'd like to.

Yesterday I was sitting in the living room watching tv, all he was doing was standing (he wasn't moving at all) in the middle of the floor holding a box of Whoppers candy, next thing I know Whoppers were flying through the air and one just about hit me in the eye. (Thank Goodness, I wear glasses)

I took a moment to recover and then asked him, "What the heck was that ?"
His answer... " I swear Mommy, I don't know how that happened."

I know he's at that big goofy awkward stage...but sheesh....

A wall in his bedroom has a dent/crack in it. He doesn't know how it happened.

His playstation 2 got broken. He doesn't know how it happened.

The plastic container we keep dog food in is cracked. He doesn't know how it happened.

His backpack ripped down the side. He doesn't know how it happened.

His mp3 player stopped working. He doesn't know how it happened.

A calculator was broken into a million pieces on the floor of his bedroom. He doesn't know how it happened.

The base of a vacuum cleaner got broken. He doesn't know how it happened. (Probably because he bounced it down the steps, on his way to clean his room)

Some of his video games don't work. He doesn't know how it happened. (Probably because he was sliding them across the carpet and rubbing them together.)

Thank goodness, he's such a nice person and a great kid or else I probably wouldn't buy him anything. ever. again.

No comments: